[AccessD] email from outlook

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Mon Jun 19 09:58:28 CDT 2006

Gustav

...afaik, and it isn't very far, MAPI is the closest thing to a universal
e-mail protocol available ...if the client has e-mail capability installed,
most (not all ala Lotus) modern e-mail clients respond to MAPI without
further intervention on my part ...and I can send from vba without the user
being involved except as I want them to be ...I don't have to know what the
client is nor anything about it except that its MAPI compliant ...SMTP otoh
always requires some sort of client configuration.

...but like you said, it really depends on the user environment ...while
MAPI will work in probably 90% or better of user systems, there are always
going to be those running Lotus Notes or some other non-standard e-mail
client ...thus JC's search for a one-size-fits-all solution is, imnsho,
going to wind up with a one size fits most.

William