[AccessD] DAO,VBA,A2K7?

Tony Septav iggy at nanaimo.ark.com
Mon Jun 19 12:38:50 CDT 2006

Hey All
Sorry my server has been acting up and I only got part of this discussion

The Decimal type wasn't even legal in Access until what, A2003?  I've
> never seen much use for it in Access either, Gustav.
>

> Charlotte

What is a decimal type and where would you use it?

I will try to keep this short.
 I ran into this problem a month ago when converting an Access97 application to Access2000.  I had a few Make Table queries that I use to further perform calculations.  When the user selected items from lists on a form, the program in the background would run the queries and then update the calculations and present the results on the form. In A2000 this activity kept "crapping out".  Took me a long to time to figure out what was happening, I finally looked at the design mode of one of the (make) tables and found that the data type for the field(s) was no longer double but decimal and that was causing the problem. Changed the logic to get the doubles back and everything  was fine.