[AccessD] SQL and Access

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 20 12:57:19 CDT 2006

Here is a simple sample of using ASP pages
on an MS IIS web server with Access.

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/msaccess/article.php/3613386

It covers the setup and some simple security but doesn't cover
SQL Injection attacks which you will have to pay attention too.

Also ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Express 2005 work very well together.
or you can use older ASP and SQL 2000 MSDE.

It also depends on your shopping cart product. What is it written in?
Most will hook to ASP but some older ones may have problems
with ASP.Net 2.0

The license for freebie SQL Express now allows use on a web server.

The original EULA for SQL 2005 Express had this clause

includes the following line in section 4 (you may not):

  *  use the software for commercial software hosting services.

"That clause is being removed from the SP1 license so you can safely
ignore it.
 SQL Server Express can be used in software hosting services
 As long as your needs don't exceed the limitations on Express"

Mike Wachal,  SQL Express team

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.