[AccessD] Import Specs

Bruce H. Johnson bhjohnson at verizon.net
Thu Jun 22 23:40:50 CDT 2006

System tables MSysIMEXSpecs

And

MSysIMEXColumns

Six or seven years ago I was processing a lot of download data from an
AS400. The best I could get was a fixed-width text file. Fortunately, the
download had an optional definition file it could create. Being totally
lazy, I learned to parse the defintion file and import the results into the
Access system tables.

Totally depends on how much you're going to be doing.

Have fun.

Bruce H. Johnson
Sylmar, CA