[AccessD] Access 2 Word Bookmarks

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 20:26:42 CDT 2006

Taken back on list for the archives.

On 6/26/06, Bob Heygood <bheygood at abestsystems.com> wrote:
> my bookmarks and word fields are one and the same. I have default text in
> each word field to begin with.
> I want to replace the default text with some text in some cases. And later
> allow the user to maybe edit the word field text.

Ah, OK. You're dealing with Form Fields exclusively. Now we're on the
right track.

> I don't know how to determine the name of a word field.
> these are not controls. Office 2K.
> I can't have any macros/vba in the doc.

Did you wrap your Form Fields in a bookmark? If not, the Form Field
name is the same as the bookmark name. If so, then to get the name,
open the template, unprotect it and (this is from memory since I don't
have Word installed on this PC) double click it. That should open the
form field properties dialog. Down towards the lower right is a field
called Name. That is the name of the form field.

To replace the default text, just use:

doc.FormFields("Text1").Result = "Some Other Text"

> your patience is exceeded only by your knowledge.

A result of too many years dealing with just this. :)

If you want me to whip up a quick sample in A2K/W2K just let me know
and I'll try and knock one out for you by tomorrow night.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"