[AccessD] LDBView

Kenneth Ismert kismert at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 29 13:11:30 CDT 2006

Drew,

>Does anyone have something like LDBView for 2000
>(or newer) databases?

I have a mostly finished VB project that does that for any version of
Access, including 2003. It is interface driven, and can optionally use
either the ADO or the Msldbuser.dll methods. It relies on the JetUtils
download:

ACC: Microsoft Jet Utilities Available in Download Center
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=176670

Particularly, the Msldbusr.dll file. MS claims it only works on older
Access formats, but it works fine for 2000, and I presume 2003.

>That's all well and good, but it doesn't work if
>the db is corrupt, because it can't connect to it.

Yeah...example #1,234 of MS 'helping' us with a new feature, which
turns out not to work when you need it most...sigh.

BTW, as far as I can tell, the 'suspect' bit has never worked, in
LDBView, the ADO method, or Msldbuser.dll. At least, I've never seen it
set the hundreds of times I've used any of the utilities to view who
was in corrupted a DB.

Anyway, if you want it, email me offline (kismert at sbcglobal.net) and
I'll send you a zip. Its got some rough edges (no way to switch ADO /
Msldbuser.dll on the fly) but it works.

-Ken