[AccessD] Problem inserting and resizing MS Web Browser Control in MS Acces97

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Mar 8 09:13:06 CST 2006

Hi David et al

Oh my, gems are in the archive!
Who could have figured this totally weird Access97 tip out?
Thanks!

You may need to choose Insert, ActiveX Control from the menu and then in the listbox select the control Microsoft Webbrowser.

/gustav

>>> SDC 11-10-2002 11:35:05 >>>
Hi
I solved this problem some years ago and gave it to Ken Getz who
included it in Access Adviser magazine. The trick is to add the browser
object to your form, then drag it to the required size. Having sized it
right, now copy it to the clipboard (control X) and then paste it back
to your form (Control V). It will now keep its size. You can only do
this once. To set to a different size, start from scratch by pasting a
new control. I discovered this approach by accident, but think it is to
do with getting two independent programs (Access and Active X) to agree
on a setting at the same time. It works with other active X objects
also.

Good luck
David