[AccessD] Performance Listview

E-business2start.com - Marcel Vreuls oost at e-business2start.com
Fri Mar 10 02:23:32 CST 2006

Hi,

In order to make my A2k more attractive and user friendly i have replaced the standard Listview with the comm.contr. Listview from MS.
I populate the listview by selecting a DAO.recordset and than use the  .ADD listitems functions to add the records to the listview. After that i call a function which colors the rows accordnig to a certain value in the subitems.
It works fine but I notice that this goes very slow particularly the coloring of the rows. When i fill the listview with 500 records the filling takes about 5 seconds but the coloring 30 seconds.

Any tips, ideas how ik can make it faster.

I have a database with about 20.000 orders in it. Customers would like to have a listview which shows ALL orders so they can sort, filter etc. This i can not support performance wise with this solution. The standard listview of access is much and much faster.

Thanx, marcel