[AccessD] Report Setup Problem

Liz Doering ldoering at symphonyinfo.com
Thu Mar 16 11:00:07 CST 2006

I'm about to pull out all my hair.

I have a nice report that has been running peaceably for years in a
database we built for a client.  It has 9 subreports that have also been
trouble free for ages.  The subreports are formatted to beautifully
march down one column and then a second column.

It began life in Access97, but now it is in Access2000, and I am running
WinXP.

Recently I borrowed it from the original client's project into a new
project for a new client.  As I imported it from one .mdb to the other,
Access decided that 1-inch margins were more appropriate for the main
report and the subreports.  No problem, I think, I'll change them back
to the original smaller ones.

Unfortunately, I can't get Access to agree to this.  I open the report
in design view, change the margins--and the column settings--save and
run the report.  All is well.  I close the report, run it again, and
again, all is well.  I close the report, run it again, and behold!  The
1-inch margins and single column are back.  I cuss and set them all
again.

After several attempts this is getting old.  And my coworkers are
getting jumpy, because I am screaming.

I have set all the margins on all the subreports down.  I have changed
default printers.  I have reimported the report and given it a new name.
I have stood on my head while turning around three times and muttered
several incantations.

Does any one have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Liz Doering
Senior Developer
Symphony Information Services