[AccessD] 2003 over 64 bit

Steve Capistrant scapistrant at symphonyinfo.com
Tue Mar 21 10:44:11 CST 2006

Hi folks.
I'm stuck, and have had no luck casting about the internet for an
answer...
Last week I had to upgrade my PC when the motherboard melted.  The new
one carries Access 2003 running over the Windows 64 bit version.

Problem: Some of my old apps (built in Access 2000) are taking 20
minutes to load.  Gives all appearances of hanging, with 100% RAM
utilization during that time, but EVENTUALLY it swallows whatever big
bite it was trying to take.  Note that 2003 will open 2000 apps and edit
them without forcing you to upgrade their format to 2003.

The loading problem doesn't happen to all my mdbs.  Seems to happen
after a session where I make some coding changes.

Other tidbits:
~ I've got all the nasty defaults disabled (autocorrect, auto name
change, etc).
~ The old apps have DAO references (no ADO)
~ After any coding session, I compile and compact.

Ideas?

Steve Capistrant
Symphony Information Services
scapistrant at symphonyinfo.com