[AccessD] Active Directory Field List

Lonnie Johnson prodevmg at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 14:34:25 CST 2006

I am wanting to use Active Directory to update the passwords in a security table I have. Does anyone know how I can get a field list?

  I can use the code below but it has certain fields. I don't know how to get the password field because I don't know the field name.'

      Dim oConnection1 As Object
    Dim oCommand1 As Object

    Set oConnection1 = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    Set oCommand1 = CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
    ' Open the connection.
    oConnection1.Provider = "ADsDSOObject"  ' This is the ADSI OLE-DB provider name
    oConnection1.Open "Active Directory Provider"
    ' Create a command object for this connection.
    Set oCommand1.ActiveConnection = oConnection1
    ' Compose a search string.
    oCommand1.CommandText = "select name, displayname, userprincipalname, mailNickname, telephoneNumber from 'LDAP://kvckc' WHERE objectCategory='Person' AND objectClass='user' AND name='Lonnie Johnson'"
    ' Execute the query.
    Set rs = oCommand1.Execute
    ' Navigate the record set

May God bless you beyond your imagination!
Lonnie Johnson
ProDev, Professional Development of MS Access Databases
Visit me at ==> http://www.prodev.us