[AccessD] Date Comparison Problem

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Thu Mar 30 10:34:12 CST 2006

Dear List:

As I was writing this question a solution occurred to me.  But since I
already spent all this time framing the question thought I'd post it
anyway and add the answer to the end.

I have a routine which works when regional setting is set to English
(United States) and fails when regional settings are set to English
(United Kingdom) .  The difference is in a date compare.

The statement reads: "If datCurrentDate > Me.txtScheduleEndDate Then"

When set to United States datCurrentDate contains 12/02/2005 and
Me.txtScheduleEndDate contains 07/30/2006 based on making a break point
at that statement and hovering the mouse over the two variables.  So the
test fails, as it should.

When regional setting is set to United Kindom datCurrentDate contains
02/12/2005 and Me.txtScheduleEndDate contains 30/07/2006 .  This time
the test passes which it should not.

Turns out that even though the text box shows 30/07/2006 it was not
making the comparison correctly.  So I Dimmed another date
datScheduleEndDate and changed the code to read:

        datScheduleEndDate = Me.txtScheduleEndDate
        If datCurrentDate > datScheduleEndDate Then

And now it works.

Solution in search of a problem.

Thanks (for making me think this through) and regards,

Rocky

--
Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software