[AccessD] Table naming conventions

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Thu Mar 2 15:15:02 CST 2006

I do use prefixes simply because it is easier for the eye to discover than
suffixes (at least for Westerners).

From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 10:08 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Table naming conventions

I don't think using prefixes with the actual objects is terribly important
-- I think a lot of people lend toward natural names for objects and use the
prefixes for variables.

Susan H.

Not read all this, but one point I want to make is "why are people obsessed
with PREFIXES?"

I use the "_tbl" SUFFIX in my table names. Why? So that when I sort the list
of tables I can use the initial letter of the table name to quickly jump to
it using the keyboard. If they all begin with "tbl" you cannot do that.
Simple. :-)