[AccessD] Discovering Access version at runtime - was AccessXPforms bound to ADO recordsets

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Mar 12 21:51:39 CST 2006

On 12 Mar 2006 at 22:18, John Colby wrote:

> >John, you want to check the version and then load code based on the
> version?
>
> Yes, the ACCESS version.  I have found stuff about checking the registry,
> but this really only addresses what is INSTALLED, not what is currently
> running.

RTFM?  :-)

Version
Returns a String indicating the version number of the currently installed
copy of Microsoft Access. Read-only.

expression.Version

expression   Required. An expression that returns one of the objects in the
Applies To list.

Example
The following example displays the version and build number of the
currently-installed copy of Microsoft Access.

MsgBox "You are currently running Microsoft Access, " _
    & " version " & Application.Version & ", build " _
    & Application.Build & "."
--
Stuart