[AccessD] Key Preview Problem

Penn White ecritt1 at alltel.net
Thu Mar 16 07:02:12 CST 2006

Just for fun (since I have a similar keydown event which has never worked
either), I messed around with it using Alt-Key combinations.  I used an "if
intAltDown then Select Case Keycode' structure.  Each case will fire one
time but then it stops.  So I can go from one tabbed page (pgXXX) to
another, to another, to another but after I've been to all the tabbed pages
once, it stops.  Also, once I've been to a tabbed page using the Alt-Key
combination for that tabbed page, it won't go there again unless I close the
form and start over.  I also tried me.setfocus, Forms!FormName.Form.SetFocus
and Me.KeyPreview=True (individually and in various combinations) at the end
of the procedure since the documentation says the form or control has to
have the focus for the KeyDown event to work and that didn't help.

It's almost as if there is a buffer that's getting filled and won't empty
once you've used a KeyDown keystroke or keystroke combination.

I did some research on MSDN and Google and found nothing helpful although
KeyDown and KeyPress event problems seem to have been around since before
ACC97.

Penn