[AccessD] Key Preview Problem

Thu Mar 16 10:04:45 CST 2006

I just threw a quick form together (in Access 2002). Set the property sheet
KeyPreview to True and then added this KeyDown event handler...

Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
    Select Case KeyCode
        Case vbKeyF6
            Text0.SetFocus
            KeyCode = 0
        Case vbKeyF7
            Text2.SetFocus
            KeyCode = 0
        Case vbKeyF8
            Text4.SetFocus
            KeyCode = 0
    End Select
End Sub

It works exactly as you'd hope, and there is no calling of the spellchecker
on any number of F7 keys.

If you are still having troubles then I would say you have a corrupt form.
Back up the application and then go through the usual  process for getting
rid of corruptions...

Decompile and if that does not work try importing everything into a new,
blank database.

Lambert