[AccessD] MAny-To-May

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Sun Mar 19 14:48:18 CST 2006

Rocky,

This is MS Access, which does this trick.
Good feature, thanks MS Access developers team!

I remember when "young chicken" programmer/researcher I read an article
about updatable joins and how to make a real DBMS supporting them(not easy
stuff in a generic case) - just 20 years after I found that feature
implemented in MS Access :)

But be careful if you have any plans to upsize your app to MS SQL or other
backend DBs  - this trick/feature may stop working.
And then the usual/standard way of first creating Job record and then using
it in subform to define the link with Equipment record.
I do it usually using popup form, which can be activated by double clicking
on a combo-box of subform (it would be Job combobox in your case) and when
the new data entered in the popup form and this form is closed then a
message/call is done to subform to requery combo-box tho have new value(s)
in it.

> Thank you.
My pleasure!

> I think I'll take the rest of the day off now.
Yes, that's a weekend - time to go swimming I guess there in California :)
And I will go skiing tomorrow here - we have got some snow fall today - nice
spring time weather, still good for everyday skiing! :)

Shamil