[AccessD] Access help needed by my brother's friend

Phil Huisman pbhuisman at msn.com
Fri Mar 24 09:01:07 CST 2006

Bobby,

Thank you for the information. I noticed there is a wizard for splitting the database, which I tried and it successfully created a BE database with only the tables. What confused me is the original DB still has the tables in it. I kind of expected the tables to be removed when the BE was created. So, does that mean I need to manually create another DB with only the forms, queries, etc. for the FE?

Once I have a FE without tables and the BE with only tables, the BE resides on the host computer and the FE is distributes to the other PC's on  the network? To distribute the FE do I simply copy the same FE DB to the other PC's on the network? Is the linking routine done from the host PC that has the BE DB or from the other PC's that have the FE DB? Or does it matter?

Once all of this is accomplished, will multiple PC's be able to update the BE DB simultaneously, assuming they are not updating the same record?

I hope this makes sense.

Phil