[AccessD] Does anybody work on this level of abstraction with real life apps data models?

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 28 17:31:12 CST 2006

Here is one starting point, it is a library of 4 or 5 hundred simple
data models plus a simple tutorial.
Handy if you need something to show a client in half an hour as a
starting discussion point.
Some can be used as sub-models

http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/index.htm

Some samples have a conceptual model, physical data model and or
business rules
Some also have an emailable Access mdb.

Sample business rules
http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/airline_booking/facts.htm

For re-engineering or design, I use a CASE tool, most are in the $99 range,
some go for thousands.

The one I prefer for Access SQL Server work is Enterprise Architect
http://www.sparxsystems.com.au/ea.htm

or some of these
http://www.databaseanswers.org/modelling_tools.htm

The guy that runs this site prefers Dezign
  http://www.datanamic.com/

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.