[AccessD] OT: Hamachi - again...

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 30 09:25:37 CST 2006

Hi Booby:

Can you 'ping' the remote host?

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Bobby Heid
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:09 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: [AccessD] OT: Hamachi - again...

Hey all,

Sorry for the OT, but this was briefly discussed here earlier and I am
having an issue with Hamachi.

A while back there was some talk about using Hamachi.  Well, I just
installed it and it seems pretty neat.  I am able to run tightVNC over it to
securely remote control my home pc.

I have run up against an issue when I try to browse my home PC through
Hamachi.  It returns an error message like : "The path '\\5.x.x.x' does not
exist or is not a directory." with a window title of "Windows Explorer".

I can message the home pc, but not browse it.  I would like to be able to do
file transfers.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Bobby