[AccessD] Date Comparison Problem

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Mar 30 11:19:28 CST 2006

Hi Rocky

I'm glad it didn't work because it shouldn't (except sometimes).

You need to force a format of the date to a US format string to play safe:

   strCurrentDate = Format(datCurrentDate, "m\/d\/yyyy")
   rstManpower.FindFirst "fldManpowerDate = #" & strCurrentDate & "# AND " _
        & "fldSkillID = " & !fldSkillID.Value

/gustav

>>> bchacc at san.rr.com 30-03-2006 19:03 >>>
Well I spoke (or wrote) a little too soon.  There's another statement,
preceding the others which works right in US date format but not in UK
format.  The statement reads:

    rstManpower.FindFirst "fldManpowerDate = #" & datCurrentDate & "#
AND " _
        & "fldSkillID = " & !fldSkillID

datCurrentDate contains 01/12/2006 and !fldSkillID = 8

If .Nomatch = True then it adds the record and cycles back to the
.FindFirst where .Nomatch should be False.  But it comes back True and
adds another record in an endless loop.  Even if I do a
rstManpower.Requery, it fails.  I looked in the Manpower table and the
records exists.

It works correctly when Windows is in US date format and fails in UK format.

Can anyone see what's wrong with this FindFirst statement?

MTIA,

Rocky