[AccessD] A2003:Reading text box Line by Line and inserting each line into a dB field

Darren DICK darrend at nimble.com.au
Sun May 7 08:03:26 CDT 2006

Hi all
I am doing some pro-bono work for some General orphanages and AIDS orphanages in
Thailand
(Feel free to email me off list for any info - Shameless plug - Yes we are
always looking for sponsors - another shameless plug)

I have just been handed a CD of Publisher files with photos and a small 'blurb'
about each child
There are about 600 on this CD alone
Each MS Publisher 'record' contains the photo and a short 'blurb' that looks
like this

DUANPEN OONBOON <-- Childs Full Name

Gender:   Male

Born:   23rd June 1995

Grade:  2005-2006- Primary 4

Favourite Subject:   English

Favourite Sport: Volley Ball

Favourite Food: Fried Rice

Favourite Colour: Red

Child  Ref. # MCS-072

You can see there is 9 or so lines of text for each record.

And it's all in one text field - an MS Publisher text box

And I have to get each line out of that one field and send the first line to the
FullName field of the dB
the second line to the Gender field of the dB. The third line to the DoB field
of the dB etc etc
Essentially read that text box line by line and have the contents of each line
'mapped' to a field in a table

Any suggestions?

I'm also open to suggestions of getting the images out of publisher and onto the
HardDrive in some meaningful name format

If you need a copy of the Publisher file - I am more than willing to share a
snip off line

Many many thanks in advance

Darren