[AccessD] Problem between Access 2002 and 2003

Paul Baumann paul.baumann at rtctech.com
Wed May 31 09:14:51 CDT 2006

I have and Access application that was originally written in Access 97 and
is now operating in Access 2000 format. It is divided into front end and
back end components and the problem I am having is with the front end
component. I have been modifying this database for some time now using
Access 2002 for development yet keeping the 2000 format for compatibility
issues.

The problem occurs when I try to open the program in Access 2003 (Separate
machine). If I try to open the mdb it crashes access (without any
explanation of course). If I open an mde in 2000 format it works fine.

I tried to isolate what was causing it by just copying components into a new
db piece by piece and managed to get it all up and working in 2003 but then
when I then tried to open it in 2002 it crashed 2002. It seems that they
just cannot play nice together.

Any advice on what the cause could be would be greatly appreciated!

Paul O. Baumann

RTC Technologies, Inc.
Email: paulb at rtctech.com