[AccessD] GoTo a record on form

A.D.TEJPAL adtp at hotmail.com
Wed May 10 07:23:07 CDT 2006

Mark,

    If the form is used independently, sample code in form's module as at (A) below will do the needful. If the form is used as a subform and desired search value is contained in a text box on the parent form, sample code in parent form's module as at (B) below would apply.

    MyNumberField & MyTextField are names of pertinent bound controls on the continuous form.

    Note - Value of ControlSource is used in VBA statements in order to provide situations where name of bound control is different from its control source.

Best wishes,
A.D.Tejpal
---------------

(A) - Code in module of independent continuous form
(TxtSearch is a text box in header or footer of the form)
=======================================
    ' For locating number type field
    Me.Recordset.FindFirst _
                Me.MyNumberField.ControlSource & _
                " = " & Me.TxtSearch

    ' For locating text type field
    Me.Recordset.FindFirst _
                Me.MyTextField.ControlSource & _
                " = '" & Me.TxtSearch & "'"
=======================================

(B) - Code in module of parent form
(TxtSearch is a text box on parent form
  SF_SearchSub is the name of control on the parent
  form, acting as container for the subform)
    ' For locating number type field on subform
    Me.SF_SearchSub.Form.Recordset.FindFirst _
            Me.SF_SearchSub("MyNumberField").ControlSource & _
            " = " & Me.TxtSearch
    ' For locating text type field on subform
    Me.SF_SearchSub.Form.Recordset.FindFirst _
            Me.SF_SearchSub("MyTextField").ControlSource & _
            " = '" & Me.TxtSearch & "'"