[AccessD] Outlook and Access

Jim DeMarco Jdemarco at hudsonhealthplan.org
Thu May 11 07:30:54 CDT 2006

Rocky,

We had some code on our admin's Outlook that took a help desk e-mail
with a certain subject and inserted it in an Access database.  It's
triggered by Outlook's Application_NewMail event but I have to warn you
it's very inconsistent (at least it was here).  On occasion (more
frequently than occasionally) it missed items.  The code is the same
code you'd use to insert a record in Access from any system (Excel, web,
etc.) the only difference is when the NewMail event triggers you read
the new message's subject to determine what to do.

We ended up disabling or removing the code from Outlook when we moved to
Track-It to handle these requests.  I have the code if you'd like to
take a look (1 class module, 1 standard module, then Outlook code
althought I do believe we ended up moving the class code right into
NewMail event out of frustration).

Jim DeMarco