[AccessD] Outlook and Access

Tom Keatley tom.p at piedpiper.com.au
Thu May 11 14:31:59 CDT 2006

Rocky...

Why involve Outlook?

There are command line email clients that will check email on a time scale
you specify that will save the individual emails to a folder ....you could
then have an Access Database poll that directory for subject line codes and
import what it deems important and delete any that are not.

In turn Access could then reply to the emails with a certain code.

The client could be set to NOT delete emails from the server when certain
criteria were met. That way the email would come in to Outlook as per
normal.

I had something similar a few years ago for orders. Where it failed (for me)
was I couldnt get a CONSISTENT subject line in the incoming email . I used
http://www.infradig.com/postiex/index.shtml

Regards

Tom Keatley