[AccessD] Outlook and Access

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Fri May 12 09:00:05 CDT 2006

Very nice. What datatype did you use for tblOutlookMail.body?
Jim Hale

-----Original Message-----
From: Kath Pelletti [mailto:kp at sdsonline.net]
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 2:42 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Outlook and Access

Rocky - I had a similiar requirement once and I used the following logic.

1. I made a subfolder of Inbox in Outlook and in my case called it 'Customer
Inquiries'.

2. Create a mail rule in Outlook which checks for the 6 digit code you are
looking for and puts it into the subfolder you created in step 1.

3. The code I have pasted below comes from an app of mine which then uses an
on-click event to read messages into a table in Access called TblOutlookMail
from the Customer Inquiries folder in Outlook.

Hope this help - cheers

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or
other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer. As a recipient of this email,
you are responsible for screening its contents and the contents of any
attachments for the presence of viruses. No liability is accepted for
any damages caused by any virus transmitted by this email.