[AccessD] FTP From Access

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue May 23 02:31:14 CDT 2006

On 22 May 2006 at 15:02, Rocky Smolin - Beach Access S wrote:

> Staurt:
>
> I'm looking at your FTPSend.exe help screen.  It says you need to use /C
> first to create the encrypted parameter file then call it again (I guess)
> using /R?  On the web site however it says you call it based on parameters
> passed to it on the command line.  With the parameters to avoid the
> parameter file? Would you then not use either /C or /R?

That's why the "/C ParamterFileName" is in square brackets on the help
screen.  It means that it is an optional parameter.
If you start with a /C it will create the parameter file and then quit. It
won't perform an FTP session.
If you start with a /R it will read the parameter file first to get the
default parameters, these will be overridden by other parameters which
follow, if any.

If you don't have either /C or /R at the start of the command line, it will
not even think about a parameter file. It will just run with the
parameters on the command line.

--
Stuart