[AccessD] Creating Filter Form for Report

rusty.hammond at cpiqpc.com rusty.hammond at cpiqpc.com
Thu May 25 10:33:04 CDT 2006

Hi Bryan,

What I've done with this sort of thing in the past is to loop through each
selected item in the list box and set a hidden text field
(Me.BrokerDealer)to the value of the selected item, then run an append query
(qryBrokerPlans) to a temp table.  In the query I set the criteria to the
hidden text field on the form.  The report is based on the temp table that
query appends to.  You have to be sure to clear the table before starting
the procedure.  The code is in the on-click property of a command buton.
The code to loop through the listbox is as follows:

For Each varItem In Me.BrokerFirmList.ItemsSelected
        Me.BrokerDealer = Me.BrokerFirmList.ItemData(varItem)
        DoCmd.SetWarnings False
        DoCmd.OpenQuery "qryBrokerPlans", acViewNormal
        DoCmd.SetWarnings True
Next varItem

HTH

Rusty