[AccessD] [Fwd: [dba-Tech] Printer Tank Counter]

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Tue May 30 06:01:02 CDT 2006

Rocky,

<<You think the
'waste ink pad counter' is the same as the 'low ink' message?>>

  No, but most ink jets show the low ink pad counter as a problem with the
ink cart.

  The ink pad is an absorbent pad under the head.  When an ink jet parks the
head, it sits on the pad and the pad absorbs the excess ink.

  Since the amount of ink cannot be easily measured, the counter is a "best
guess" of when the pad is about to become full.

  You usually can reset the counter easily enough, but you run the risk of
finding ink all over your desk at some point.  Most are on the conservative
side, so it's not a big risk, but it can happen.

  Search the net for the reset procedure.  If you can't find it, I'd toss
the printer.  Their cheap enough.  By the time you locate the part, do the
replacement, etc. your are probably well over the cost of a new printer.

  Plus, usually by the time you hit an ink pad full error, the printer is
fairly old and outdated anyway.

Jim.