[AccessD] Toolbar staying put on one line

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Tue May 30 10:33:12 CDT 2006

Not much to post since I could never convince the powers that be to let
me use a class.  We typically create a series of menu bars for things
like the main screen and of course for reports.  We distribute runtimes
and can't use the built in form property to show a toolbar, so it has to
be done in code.

We use these as required from a standard module:

Function ToolBarsOff() As Boolean
'   Turns Built In Tool Bars Off
    On Error Resume Next
    Application.SetOption "Built-In ToolBars Available", False
    ToolBarsOff = True
End Function

Sub ToolBarsOn()
'   Turns the Built In Tool Bars On
    On Error Resume Next
    Application.SetOption "Built-In ToolBars Available", True
End Sub

Each object that requires a menu/toolbar has code in its Open or
Activate event:

    	DoCmd.ShowToolbar "RIMBaseMain", acToolbarYes
    	DoCmd.ShowToolbar "RIMBaseMenu", acToolbarNo

And we reverse that in the close event:

	DoCmd.ShowToolbar "RIMBaseMain", acToolbarNo
	DoCmd.ShowToolbar "RIMBaseMenu", acToolbarNo

If it happens to be the main menu form that is being closed (which also
closed the application), we call ToolBarsOn to make sure we leave a full
version of Access in the condition we found it.

Charlotte