[AccessD] Access to web

Chris Foote (Spike) spikee at oatlandspark.org.uk
Fri Nov 3 14:49:34 CST 2006

Hi Mark!

I've been playing with HTML for about eight years now, and consider myself
to be fairly competent.  I've also been using Access and VBA for more or
less the same period. About 18 months or so ago I decided to take the plunge
and convert some of my static sites to use dynamic database-generated pages.
As my chosen web hosting company is Linux/Apache based I chose the MySQL/PHP
route.

I found the "conversion" from Access/VBA to MySQL/PHP very easy. I am not
trained as a programmer (I'm an electronics hardware engineer) but many of
the skills/techniques/disciplines (most learnt from this list) translated
well.

Hope this helps!

Best regards
Chris Foote