[AccessD] XP-mde on A2003?

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Sun Nov 12 00:27:29 CST 2006

William,
To test this again, I created a new db db1.mdb
	created (only) one form with a label that says "TEST" and no module
	made it the startup form
created an mde from db1.mdb - error "you cannot create a Microsoft Access
ADE or MDE from a database saved in Microsoft Access 2000 format"
converted db1.mdb to a2k3 - db2.mdb
created an mde from db2.mdb - db2.mde

opened db1.mdb in a2k3 - worked
opened db2.mdb with a2k3 - worked
opened db2.mde with a2k3 - worked

opened db1.mdb in a2k - worked
opened db2.mdb with a2k and get error "this database is in an unrecognized
format"
opened db2.mde with a2k and get error "this database is in an unrecognized
format"

I just reinstalled from scratch a couple of weeks ago so I'd be interested
to know if you can do this same thing successfully.

John B.