[AccessD] Which Word?

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Mon Nov 13 17:27:11 CST 2006

Maybe CreateObject would do the trick instead of GetObject?

"If the pathname argument is omitted, GetObject returns a currently active
object of the specified type.
Use CreateObject when there is no current instance of the object. If an
instance of the object is already running, a new instance is started, and an
object of the specified type is created. To use the current instance, or to
start the application and have it load a file, use the GetObject function."

Jim Hale

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Lacey [mailto:andy at minstersystems.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 9:51 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Which Word?

If I have Word 97 and Word XP on a machine and I use the construct

Set oAppWord = GetObject(, "Word.Application")

how do I determine which version I get? Having just put XP on this machine I
thought changing the Reference to the Word 10 object library instead of Word
8 would do it, but it hasn't. What's the trick?

--
Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk