[AccessD] Excel Import

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Mon Nov 27 13:46:54 CST 2006

Sorry, I was out for the week. Here is the secret to using dynamic ranges.
HTH
Jim Hale
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/DynamicRanges.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: McGillivray, Don [IT] [mailto:Donald.A.McGillivray at sprint.com]
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 5:31 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Excel Import

True, but the inserted rows need to be ABOVE the last row in the existing
range in order for this to work, no?  Not such a big deal if you're adding a
row or two, but when adding large blocks of data, it can be a pain to insert
exactly (or slightly more than) the number or rows you want before adding
the data.  You definitely don't want to insert fewer than you will need.

I seem to remember somebody (Gustav?) posting some code a few months back
that managed the dynamic expansion of a named range in Excel.  Don't
remember how it worked, or anything else about it, but it looked like a
useful thing for situations like this.  Does that ring a bell with anybody
else?

Don