[AccessD] Calculating Date/Time

Hollis, Virginia hollisvj at pgdp.usec.com
Wed Oct 25 11:13:58 CDT 2006

I have a database that tracks elapsed minutes of a project. The elapsed
minutes are from the date/time a project was opened until the date/time
it was closed.

I need to create a query that shows the average time it takes to close a
project for each technician. The elapsed minutes is a number field.

What do I need to do to turn all those minutes into something that shows
how many days, hours, minutes it took to close the project? Then figure
the average time it takes each tech to close a project.

What I need:

Average age of a project

Average time it takes to close a project

Something that turns minutes to days (or figure it from dateopened &
dateCompleted, which is shown as: 12/21/2001 10:07:52 AM

Virginia