[AccessD] Appending data to SQL Server table with identity field

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Oct 30 18:10:47 CST 2006

I am trying to append data from a CSV file to an existing table with a PK
integer field (4 bytes) that is an identity, seed 1, increment 1.  The
append fails at the very end saying it can't append a null to the PK field.
Does an identity not increment in the same manner that an autonumber does in
Access?  If so any ideas why this is failing?  If not, any ideas how to
cause this to happen.  I hate to import to a table without the PK, and then
append to the table with the PK.  I have tried that and THAT does work.
What is it about the import from CSV that is causing this failure?

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting