[AccessD] Limit Text in Field

Hollis, Virginia hollisvj at pgdp.usec.com
Tue Oct 31 06:54:10 CST 2006

I need a field that is longer than the 255 txt, but shorter than a memo.
Is there a way to limit the characters entered into a field?

I tried this code on the Before Update, but it still let me type more
than 500 characters. I also remember seeing someone had an example on
limited text and it had a field that showed how many characters were
left to type. Does anyone still have that or know where it can be
located?

'-- File names are limited in length.

    If Len(GstrFileName) > 500 Then

        MsgBox "You must limit the length of the Equipment Used to 500
characters", vbExclamation + vbOKOnly, "Text Too Long"

        Exit Sub

    End If

Virginia