[AccessD] mdac vERSION

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 6 12:05:17 CDT 2006

You should be all right to install MDAC 2.8 SP1 on NT,
you are running standard 2.8, instructions below to determine
MDAC from specific dll. Read the release manifests because
some MDAC's may clobber SQL 7.

requirements from Release manifest 2.8 SP1
Microsoft Windows NT 4 Service Pack 5 (SP5) or a later version, and
Internet Explorer 5.01

Here is the portal site for MDAC info
http://www.microsoft.com/data

on the SP download page click
MDAC 2.8 Release Manifest

Release manifest for MDAC 2.8 (2.80.1022.3)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=828396

further down the page is the
File List for MDAC 2.8 (2.80.1022.3)

To find MDAC installed
Look at the version number for this standard MDAC file
through windows explorer
It is the one added to Access reference list

msado15.dll 2.80.1022.0 ADO

On Win XP file located here
C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ado\msado15.dll

Right click on file select properties then version then file version
to see the magic version number.

Release manifest for MDAC 2.8 Service Pack 1 (2.81.1117.6)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899456

Here is the major download page
http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/ref/mdac/downloads/

MDAC 2.8 SP1 release installs
the same Data Access components as Microsoft Windows XP SP2.

MDAC 2.8 SP2 comes with windows 2003 server
The version included in Win XP SP2 is 2.8 SP1

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.