[AccessD] Access interview questions

Wed Oct 11 08:12:28 CDT 2006

In code, using the windows scripting host, you can do it like this...

Sub Make_LNK_File(txtLnkName As String, txtTarget As String, Optional
txtIconFile As String = "", Optional Description As String = "")
'initialize the object WshShell
Dim objShell As Object
Dim objShortcut  As Object
Set objShell = New WshShell
'initialize the object WshShortcut
'the complete name of the .lnk file, include full path plus the .LNK file
extension
Set objShortcut = objShell.CreateShortcut(txtLnkName)
'the file to be called by the .lnk file, e.g.. "c:\windows\calc.exe"
objShortcut.TargetPath = txtTarget
'(optional) := any command line supported by the file indicated in
txtTarget.Text
'objShortcut.Arguments = xxxx
'(optional) : = a valid icon file : = To use the same icon of the target
file, do not use the next line.
objShortcut.IconLocation = txtIconFile
objShortcut.Description = Description
'Save the .lnk