[AccessD] Open Access 2007 forms andreportsfromWindowsSharePoint Services

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Wed Oct 11 14:47:04 CDT 2006

<<<
In a few months they will also release a tool that will shred you database
into XML and allow you to create your own templates.

Yes, I see. Thank you.

<<<
Still gettign to grips with this bit. Hence my email re Load and Save from
text a while back. The XML files are structued in teh same way as those
methods produce.

OK - as I see this is a mix of XML and .SaveAsText produced files...

But after all all the objects and data of a database are saved in this
.accdt file, which is in fact a .zip file as you noted:

- databaseProperties.xml
- navpane.xml
- relationships.xml
- vbaReferences.xml
- objects folder:
  tables - xsd of tables
  queries - SaveAstext
  forms - SaveAstext
  reports - SaveAstext
  macros - SaveAstext
  modules - SaveAstext
- SampleData folder - xml file of the database tables data

- _rels and properties subfolders - these are unclear - some small size xml
files here with almost no information in them - what for are these?

I guess files in _rels are to keep information about MS Access database
objects' relationships/dependencies.

And what for the files in properties foder? - I guess they plan to finally
convert .SaveAsText files' info into .xml format? Right?

Do they plan to release this tool you mention together with MS Access?

So all the MS Access databases' contents including queries, forms, reports,
... will be possible soon to XML-ze/serialize, publish on SharePoint server
as well as deserialize and run on client side...

MS Access applications are becoming open source by definition?...

--
Shamil