[AccessD] Errors when connecting to SQL 2005 as BE

Gowey Mike W Mike.W.Gowey at doc.state.or.us
Tue Oct 17 10:17:19 CDT 2006

Hi All,

I have just started to play with changing one of my Microsoft Access
2003 Projects so that it connects to our new SQL Server 2005.  It
connects fine to 2005 but when I attempt to design or change my
exsisting views I get the following errors.  Does anyone know what type
of patches or software I need to install in order to make it work?  I am
currently running Office 2003 SP2.  I went to the web site but I don't
really see anything that helps.

"Your version of Equipment Inventory doesn't support design changes with
the version of Microsoft SQL Server
Your Access project is connected to.  See the Microsoft Office Update
Web site for the latest information and downloads.  Your design changes
will not be saved."

"You have connected to a version of SQL Server later than SQL Server
2000.  The version of Visual Studio or Access that you are using was
released before the version of SQL Server to which you are connected.
For this reason, you might encounter problems.

Please check with Microsoft to see if there is a service pack that you
should apply to Visual Studio or Office in order to get support for the
version of SQL Server to which you are connected.

You can continue but any new object types might not be enumerated, and
it will not be possible to save any objects or database diagrams that
you create using the Visual Database Tools."

TIA,

Mike