[AccessD] Errors when connecting to SQL 2005 as BE

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 18 12:19:59 CDT 2006

Well this is MS recommendation as they are talking about phasing out
ADP's, whether this happens probably depends on customer clamour.
It does require a bit more involved knowledge of  SQL like ADO , roles and
 SP's, You will also probably have to understand the changes to SQL
DMO and DTS packages in 2005. You will need your own development copy
of SQL Server. Using an mdb will probably increase your development time.
You might get away with doing the backend development in an
Access 2007 ADP and then accessing through through a 2003 mdb.
Haven't done it though. But it would give you two different perspectives.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.