[AccessD] Check Only One

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Mon Oct 23 13:38:51 CDT 2006

In the AfterUpdate event of the combobox, write this:

	If cbo = "Other" then
		memOther.Enabled = True
	Else
		memOther.Enabled = False
	endif

The control source for the Other field will be in the Main table, not in the
lookup table.  Then when you create a report (bound/filtered from the Main
table) for your information you'll have a field which shows your selection
as text, and another which shows the content of the Other field.  If they
didn't select Other, then the report field for Other will be blank.  This
shouldn't bother your users, because they can see the selection that was
chosen from the list, or they can see that Other was selected and then they
can read what Other actually meant.

If your report just said Other, but there was no Other field, then users are
left by themselves to wonder what Other actually was.

But, in your particular process, it MIGHT be that the users are actually
fine with an Other selection without an explanation.

Dan Waters