[AccessD] Fox Pro

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 23 14:57:02 CDT 2006

Do you want to execute the program or read the tables?
To execute

You will need a crack program, lots of sites sell them in $40 range

To read tables

You can read the dbf files and index files as linked files or through ADO
easily for programs written below VFP 7.0, I believe you could password
protect the overall mdc container file in higher versions. Still might
get at
individual table files.  Of course someone could have added individual
table encryption as well then you will have to run the foxpro program.

See here for OLEDB and ODBC methods and drivers for Visual Foxpro.
http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=81

Martin Reid wrote:

>I have a fox pro database. Its password protected and no one knows the password. Is there anyway around this?
>
>I need to get the data from this thing.
>
>Martin
>

>Martin WP Reid
>Training and Assessment Unit