[AccessD] IE 7 changes Wininet.dll may affect FTP code

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Sat Oct 28 12:14:03 CDT 2006

Marty,

Thank you for the heads up.  We have an application with several hundred
copies out that uses wininet.dll to pull data off a web site into the app. I
am not looking forward to sending out that many updates if the change
impacts our app.  The "thinking about creating an application compatibility
shim to help legacy applications by mimicking the old behavior" comment does
not bring great comfort.

One more configuration to set up in my predeployment test system.

Doug