[AccessD] Limit Text in Field

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Oct 31 23:54:07 CST 2006

Hi Arthur,
Good advice to help the user to prevent the error.

What you can't see of course is a visual of the form, which was designed to
replicate the paper FAX form the company uses. It has a text box large
enough for slightly larger than an average "regarding" line on a FAX. While
the text length for the field is set to 255, the form "visually encourages"
one to only type so much. So, the user would normally not type more into the
text box than it appears they have room for. The code I posted was the
second level of protection, I doubt it ever gets triggered. :o)