[AccessD] Replication and Referential Integrity

ewaldt at gdls.com ewaldt at gdls.com
Thu Sep 7 14:57:39 CDT 2006

I've created a database that is used by two companies. For purposes of
security, it cannot be on a network drive shared by the two companies. More
detail isn't really necessary. What it amounts to is that only one company
can use it at a time.

I have had replication suggested to me. I know what it is, of course, but
have only played with it on a very minor and experimental basis. However,
the individual who recommended it to me is more experienced with it, and he
said that it cannot be used with a database that employs referential
integrity. Is he correct? I am sure that he knows more than I do about
replication, but that doesn't mean much.

TIA.

Thomas F. Ewald
FCS Database Manager
General Dynamics Land Systems
(586) 276-1256

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.