[AccessD] Open Database Method

Jeremy Toves itsame2000 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 11 15:00:15 CDT 2006

I hit a snag with a process I'm putting together.  I'm trying to use the OpenDatabase method in an Access 2000 database to open a second Access 2000 database so that I can enumerate indices.  I want to delete indices and reindex on demand from the first database.  I'm getting an error that the database is an unrecognized format.  I can open the 2nd database without problem if I go to it directly.

  Here is the code I'm using.  Ideas?  Has anyone done this before?

  Thanks,
Jeremy

    Sub TestThis()
    Dim wrkJet As DAO.Workspace
    Dim db As DAO.Database
    Dim sDB As String

    sDB = "C:\Test\BackEnd.mdb"

    Set wrkJet = CreateWorkspace("wrkSpace", "admin", "", dbUseJet)
    Set db = OpenDatabase(sDB, True)

      Set db = Nothing
    Set wrkject = Nothing

End Sub