[AccessD] Combo default value strange

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Sep 13 09:02:25 CDT 2006

I use a highly modified version of Julie Schwalm's date picker code.  I use
a combo instead of the radio button group that she used and added a bunch of
new possibilities.  The combo I use to select the date range I want has a
row source type of "Value list" and a row source of:

1;Include All Dates;12;Custom Date Range;14;Current Week;2;Current
Month;3;Current Quarter;4;Current Year;5;Month To Date;6;Quarter To
Date;7;Year To Date;15;Last Week;8;Last Month;9;Last Quarter;10;Last
Year;11;Last 12 Months;13;Today;16;Yesterday

In my time tracking / billing database I want to open a time data entry form
to filter to today.  If I put a default value of 1 in the combo (the
"ordinal value" for "Include all dates"), I get the correct thing, "include
all dates".  If I put 2 in there, I get "CURRENT WEEK", which is wrong, it
should select "CURRENT MONTH".  IOW, the integer value should select the
text immediately AFTER the integer value (in the value list string), but
seems to be selecting the value immediately BEFORE the integer value.

Any thoughts on this?

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting